Friday, October 18, 2013

Chapter Eight - Page 57

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last


It's been a while but I thought I would share another Starving Artist recipe - this one's a good one.

So, I got sick this week. Woke up with a high fever, a swollen and streaky sore throat, and a feeling of dread. The feeling of dread comes standard with any no-insurance plan. 

Thus, I whipped up some of my homemade get-you-better-fast syrup, and within 24 hours, I was out geocaching again. Woot! I figured I might share it with y'all. I eyeball all my recipes, you should be used to this by now, but I'll do my best to quantify the ingredients.

Super mega get-you-better concoction

3T or so local honey (raw/organic is best, I used local wildflower honey in mine, but anything really will do)
2-3T (well, really a splash, I have no idea how much was in it) apple cider vinegar
2tsp or so cayenne pepper powder
1-2 tsp turmeric
1T or so minced garlic
1-2tsp cinnamon

As soon as you start feeling sick, take 1/2-1tsp of this concoction every half hour. Continue taking it at least once a day after you feel better for about a week. Works fast, eases a scratchy throat, and kills shit without a doctor's bill. Can also add listerine and/or salt water gargles and/or netipots, but I didn't really do any of those this time. 


First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last

No comments:

Post a Comment