Friday, August 2, 2013

Chapter Six - Page 47

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last


So much craziness going on in the Tortoise & Hare mobile studios right now. I call it mobile, because we have moved twice (!!) in the last four weeks, with another move coming up in the middle of August - a big one. I'll share more as it gets closer.

Some super exciting news regarding the next volume, or as I'm calling it, "Issue #4." What, I hear you say? How on earth is it Issue 4? Are we skipping around? Nope. Volume One was 48 pages, and while very cool to have such a hefty book, it's super expensive to print that way. Essentially, then, "Volume One" is a collection of what would have been Issues #1, #2, and #3 at current count. So, while the website will continue to be linear (in preparation for the eventual BEHEMOTH of a graphic novel once complete), the issues will start to be printed every 16 or so pages. I say "or so" because I'd like to include a sketch page and some information about our other projects, but it will still very much move the story along - and print will always be ahead of web. I do love my web readers, but I have to feed myself too!

We have a guest artist doing the colors on the cover for Issue #4, which hopefully will be printed in two weeks, following the finale of what's been printed in Volume One. Are you excited? I hope so, because I'm ecstatic. I can't wait to share it with you (hell, I can't wait to SEE it!) and I'll probably announce the artist next week. SUSPENSE!!!

In other words, while life is at its peak of insanity right now (and for the foreseeable short-term future), Dissolution won't miss a step. Thank you - all of you - for reading. I love seeing the page hits, I love reading comments, and I'll tell ya anything you wanna know. I can't express my happiness to have the internet back, by the way, in case you were wondering about my silence these past few weeks. They've been scheduled updates, comic pages only. I know that was a little dull, but hey, at least the comic itself was getting published. :)

SoonerCon 2013 (a.k.a. OMG FIRST CONVENTION AS AN ARTIST WHEEEE) went super well. I met a lot of groovy cats and got to share my first ever table with another firstie - Mr. Jacob Blackmon. Check out his shit at Deviant Art. He had some great friends too, who did their best to make me feel comfy and welcome. The amount I learned for next time was STAGGERING.

Ta!



First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last

No comments:

Post a Comment