Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chapter Four - Page 23

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last



Hai guyz! Lots of exciting stuff happening in the Dissolution-iverse. 
  • Thinks Books is hosting a Blog Blast to announce and share the Dissolution Kickstarter project launching Wednesday, February 20th, and she is even giving away a $10 amazon gift card to one of the lucky participants.
  • Dissolution just surpassed 7500 pageviews!
  • I am quivering with excitement about the upcoming KS project, though anxious as all get out. Staying positive! I've never put my work up to the free market before and crossed my fingers, it's a scary proposition... but seeing it in print would be the most incredible feeling ever. 
I do want to share a portion of the KS write-up to explain that you online readers will win big too if this Kickstarter is successful. Check check check it out.

Why should I pay for it when it's free online?

This is a savvy question, and one that I struggled with in creating this Kickstarter. It's true, Dissolution is free and viewable online - there aren't even any ads on the website. However, I can think of three reasons why you might choose to back this project in spite of that!

  • Dissolution: Volume One will cover the first 48 pages of the story. You will notice that there are nowhere near 48 pages on the site yet. This is because I've been building a backlog in preparation for this printing, and yet have kept my online updating to once-weekly. Backers will be WAY ahead of online readers when it comes to knowing what happens and where the story is going!!
  • By supporting this project, you are also supporting the continuation of the story in all its forms. Being able to print and market Dissolution is a dream come true - and it means that the website will be going strong for a long time in the future! A successful project here tells me that enough people are interested in the story and art that it is vital to continue. 
  • You are an amazing person who likes to support authors and illustrators by purchasing their work. This can't be overstated. People who choose to back art and literature in spite of it being available online are among my favorite people (along with Jacques Cousteau, Michio Kaku, Georgio Tsoukalos and Neil deGrasse Tyson - what a list to join!). Seriously though, it's a big deal - your decision to back my project humbles me, and I thank you.

"But wait," you may say. "I WILL be ahead of the story - but then I'll have to wait SOOOOO long for the website to catch up!" Ah, but I've got you covered! If this Kickstarter is successful, I'm considering moving to faster updates - updates aiming for the reveal of the end of Volume One online (page 48) to correspond to the offer of Volume Two in the future. Backing this project will mean faster reveal of the storyline in TOTAL, for those online and in print. EVERYBODY wins! But especially you. Because you get to hang out with Kaku, deGrasse Tyson, Tsoukalos and Cousteau in my head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah. That's right. I might even throw some Carl Sagan up in that party. 

The latest page is a Chapter Splash, so I'll probably be updating with a page (or two!) here in the next few days. 

T-MINUS 6 DAYS TO LAUNCH. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last

No comments:

Post a Comment