Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chapter Three - Page 21

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last


Alright, recipe hounds, here's a super short one. It's short because I have some super exciting news to share, but I don't want to not post a recipe - weird and unfitting as it is, it's my thing. I made these little appetizers the other night and they went over way better than I thought they would.

STARVING ARTIST MINI PEPPER APPETIZERS 

Ok, so you're poor. And you have to go to a party. And you have to bring an appetizer. WHAT DO YOU DO?? Well, I found a giant bag of mini-peppers (red, orange and yellow sweet peppers) on sale at my local grocer, and thought surely I can do SOMETHING with these!

Ingredients: 
Mini Peppers (sliced lengthwise - I tried slicing off the top and stuffing them like you would a normal bell pepper and it was just a travesty. Don't do it)
Olive oil
Ground meat (I used turkey, but beef or lamb would work too) - this needs shockingly little, I think I used around a quarter pound. 
White rice - again, very little. I think I used around half a cup cooked rice.
Green onions, diced VERY small
Garlic cloves, diced very teeny as well
Spices: I was going for an italian-style appetizer, so I used basil, oregano, sage, white pepper, black pepper, and some sea salt, along with a few tablespoons of tomato sauce to help paste everything together. You could make endless variations of the base, though. 

Toss the peppers with a bit of olive oil, just so they're lightly covered. Place in a 300 degree oven until they're roasted - I think I kept them in around 15 minutes. Brown the meat with the garlic and spices. Add in the rice, green onions, and tomato sauce. Place filling in peppers, you can top with a little shredded mozzarella or parmesan, and voila! A cute little appetizer that didn't break your bank. And you should have enough leftover ingredients for at least a full meal or two later. (Peppers + ground meat + taco seasoning = delicious mexican-style dinner!)

OKAY BIG NEWS! Watch this space, guys. I'll be launching a Kickstarter in mid-February to print the first 48 pages of Dissolution in a large volume! But wait, you say - this is only page 21? Well, I have 300 pages of written novel and I'll have 48 pages of art completed by the launch date, plus the cover and a whole bunch of cool merch designs. Did you ever wish I updated more often? Now you can be WELL ahead of the story,  I've designed the tier levels so that even a dollar will get you an incredible reward! I cannot WAIT to share everything with you once it's launched! I am extremely grateful for all of you who visit and read my story, and am beyond excited to finally (hopefully) be able to offer you a great deal more. 

First  |  Previous  |  Next  |  Last

No comments:

Post a Comment